A Guide To 5 Axis CNC MachiningDecember 2021
CNC machining allows manufacturing times to be cut and increases automation with less demand on manual processes when it comes to engineering. It has been a breakthrough in the industry and continues to break boundaries with technological advances in machinery.
At Oracle Precision, we use the latest technology which ensures our clients get the most out of our services. If you would like to read more about CNC Machining advantages, click here.
What is CNC Machining?
CNC is an abbreviation for Computer Numerical Control, CNC Machining is a popular process in manufacturing where computer software controls the movement of tools and processes. CNC Machines are programmed to carry out tasks to manufacture products, similar to a robot. These machines are highly accurate and can work without the need for human operators.
Different types of CNC Machines conduct different functions. Some of the most common and valuable types of CNC machinery are:
- CNC Lathe – These machines operate by cutting a piece whilst it is turning on a spindle. These produce CNC turned parts.
- CNC Plasma Cutter – These cut pieces using a plasma torch which is commonly used for stronger materials such as metals.
- CNC Milling Machines – One of the most popular machines, CNC milling machines work by using G-code to follow instructions and cut a variety of different materials into the desired shapes.
- Laser Cutting – Laser cutting CNC machines are used to accurately cut materials using lasers.
5 Axis CNC Machining
5 Axis CNC Machining means that the tool can move in 5 directions. This machinery can move along the X, Y and Z linear axes but also rotate on the A and B Axes. For example, the diverse and flexible nature of 5 axis CNC Machining means that this is an increasingly popular capability for manufacturing companies to employ.
Compared to other CNC machinery with fewer axes, this manufacturing capability is able to create complex parts in just a fraction of the time whilst still having an incredibly high degree of accuracy. This is vital for our clients to get the best possible parts in a reasonable time frame. With such emphasis on quality within sectors that we operate in, the long tool like of CNC Machining allows the cutting tool and table to be tilted to maintain optimum positioning when working.
Benefits of 5 Axis CNC
- Saves time, and cuts costs.
- Allows clients to get the most affordable manufacturing prices.
- Better quality parts.
- Ability to create complex parts.
- Highly accurate cuts.
5 Axis CNC machining is an amazing capability to have as a manufacturing engineering company, however, that doesn’t mean it is always going to be the right fit for your project. This is why at Oracle Precision we offer 4th Axis Milling, 3D Machining and more to get you the best results. Take a look at our capabilities, here.
Got a project in mind? Get in contact with us today.